Beware; not all machinery websites are safe:
ever found a website when searching on Google that had exactly what you
were looking for but when you wanted to call for more information you
could not find their telephone number or address anywhere on their website?
When you went to their Contact Us page, all it showed was a form to fill
out and email them? Or even worse, the website tries to download a virus
onto your computer? What should you do before you trust a website?
you should make sure you have up to date real anti-virus protection. Cost~$50.
2) If you are searching on Google, Yahoo or Bing, pay attention to the
green check marks that many anti-virus software programs put next to each
website. These green checkmarks show which websites have been safely scanned
for viruses by the anti-virus software company.
3. Do not put your credit card into a website you do not know yet until
you call the people and ask a lot of questions to make sure the people
behind the website answer your questions and sound legitimate. Keep in
mind that if the price sounds too good to be true it might involve a lot
4. A good way to verify who is behind a website is to go to the Network
Solutions whois webpage and type in the name of the website. The whois
shows who owns the website, who the administrator is and a telephone number.
If the info is shown as Private, then avoid doing business with them.
The should not be trying to hide their contact info from people.
5. Check up on their legitimacy and reputation with the Better Business
6. Type the website name into Google and see if their are any warnings
about them from past victims.
7. If you know their address, look them up on Google street view. Beware
of PO boxes.
8. If you are comparing machine prices and one is a lot lower than the
other, verify why.
9. A good machinery company should be willing to send you a signed formal
quotation with literature and business card through the mail. Be suspicious
if they only send info by email.
10. After considering all the risks of buying machinery and your need
for spare parts in the future, one safe choice is American Machine Tools
Company. We put our address and telephone number on every page of our
website. We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. And when
you call us we have industry professionals to help you with all your questions,
and we will gladly mail you a formal quotation with lots of information,
photos, business card and our company catalog. Go ahead.....give us a
Click to return to the American
Machine Tool BLOG
Click for the American
Machine Tool Homepage